As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
For more information, listen in your language.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.
Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)
Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.
A P&C Association is a school based organisation consisting of parents, teachers and citizens residing within the school drawing enrolment area.
The Education Act 1990 states that P&C Associations are established to:
- Promote the interest of the school by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into close co-operation;
- Assist in providing facilities and equipment for the school and promoting the recreation and welfare of the students at the school;
- Encourage parent and community participation in curriculum and other education issues in schools;
- Report, when requested by the Minister, on the material requirements of the school and advise on the subject of maintenance of the school, alterations and additions to school facilities and the selection of new sites;
- Assist and co-operate with teaching staff at public functions associated with the school
- Be responsible for the election of parent representatives to any school council constituted at the school in consultation with the principal of the school; and
- Assist in any other matters in which the Minister may seek the co-operation of the association.
Download the P&C membership form (PDF 723KB) to become a member.